To view the webinar replay, click here.
Operators view new revenue, quicker time to revenue, and application/service agility as their top drivers for investing in software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV). Many are finding that the business case for deploying SDN and NFV is marginal until new revenue is added into the calculations. This webinar demonstrates how to use service chaining, or virtual network function (VNF) forwarding graphs, to deploy new services to business and residential customers, and includes examples of real service provider deployments.
- Why service chaining is key to the future of service-centric networks
- How service chaining can use awareness of applications, subscribers, services, and policy to align with business needs
- How the dynamic characteristics of NFV services can be managed via tight integration with the cloud ecosystem
- Can standardization ensure effective, multi-vendor service chaining, or is this a dream?
- The role of the service classifier as a new network function to enable more versatile chaining of services
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Michael Howard, Co-founder and Principal Analyst, Carrier Networks, Infonetics Research
- Erik Larsson, Vice President, Marketing, Qosmos
- Yonatan Klein, Director of Product Management, Allot Communications
- Balaji Pitchaikani, Senior Director, Product Management, Dell
- JoAnne Emery, Event Director, Infonetics Research (Moderator)